Monday, September 07, 2015

Labor Day, 2015

It’s Labor Day, and as is my tradition, I’m taking the day off.

On some of my Labor Day’s off, I’ve gone a bit long in my posts, and here’s one of my favorites: Once Again, I Dreamed I Saw Joe Hill Last Night.

I will not be seeing Joe Hill today, but I will be seeing President Barack Obama, who will be speaking at the Greater Boston Labor Council’s annual Labor Day Breakfast.

I’m not a member of the GBLC, but my brother Rick runs it, and he gave me one of his much-in-demand tickets.(Here’s the small tribute to this brother of mine, paid last year in my Labor Day post.)

I’m much looking forward to hearing the President speak, as well as, I think, Senator Elizabeth Warren and Boston Mayor Marty Walsh. Which is as good a way as any to spend Labor Day, if you’re an old left-leaning romantic…

Anyway, Hail to the Chief, and Hail to the Chief of the Greater Boston Labor Council.

And Happy Labor Day to blue, white, pink, and no-collar workers everywhere. This day’s for you!

 

 

No comments: