Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Call of Jury Duty

Today I’m on jury duty. At least I am as of this writing (Tuesday afternoon). I may get lucky and not need to go. Or I may spend a sweltering day hanging around Brighton Municipal Court waiting to see whether I’m needed to weigh in on who did what to whom in a bar fight, or whatever else happens in municipal court.

I’ve been on juries in the past, but they were in state court. Muni will be another experience for me.

Anyway, what with my renovation starting today, I have been out of my mind, and Pink Slip, alas, has been suffering from benign neglect.

But since jury duty is on my mind, today’s post will be a revisit to one I did last time I was on jury duty, almost 8 years ago. (Seems like just yesterday.)

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Frederick Wright said...

Good luck! My experience with jury duty in Massachusetts has been an exercise in patiently explaining to stubborn people the difference between 'reasonable doubt' and 'beyond all possible certainty in an infinite universe, which may indeed possess gateways to alternate dimensions where nearly impossible but potentially probable courses of events can play out'.