Wednesday, November 05, 2008

We're all tired

Some of us are elated; some of us are depressed (although, in truth, almost everyone I know is in the former category, not the latter).

We've all been up late - but not that late, thanks to this not being a squeaker.

Some of us have been weeping and celebrating; others have been weeping and moaning (although, in truth, almost everyone I know is in the former category, not the latter).

I started my pre-weeping early, when I teared up as I slipped my ballot into the scanner. I started my pre-celebration when Pennsylvania. I started my sigh-of-relief-celebrating when Ohio came in. We ordered our celebratory pizza when New Mexico was called.

We're all tired.

So who couldn't stand a laugh (even if it is a sardonic one.)

Thanks to my brother-in-law, Rick, for sending this along.

No comments: