Monday, July 05, 2021

The Glorious 5th?


I have a post cooked up in my mind: thoughts on this year's celebration of our nation's founding. 

Alas, Xfinity/Comcast decided to have a  local outage, beginning Saturday evening. Midway thru The Fourth, support claims to be working on the problem, but I have my doubts. 

And those doubts were well placed. The local outage has supposedly been fixed. Except for me. Tech scheduled for WEDNESDAY! But I'm on the wait list for something sooner. We'll see.

Anyway, this is about the extent of my willingness to type on a smartphone. Not sure where that fireworks pic came from. Tech beggars can't be choosers. 

But please stay tuned for my patriotic musings, which will arrive at some point this week. 

In the meantime, instead of blogging, hanging out on the 'net, and watching Netflix, I'll be slogging through Volume 3 of Hillary Mantel's fictional accounting of the life of Thomas Cromwell. "The Mirror and the Light" is harder going than the earlier volumes. But it's interesting enough to stick with all - gulp - 754 pages.

Hope you enjoy your holiday.

No comments: