Tuesday, December 24, 2013

And so this is Christmas

Of all the Christmas songs rattling around in my head of late – and there are plenty of them –John Lennon’s And So This Is Christmas is the  one that has been most persistent.

I don’t know why.

It may be in my Top Ten – I’d have to think about that for a second or two – but it’s not Top Five. Not even if I split my favorites into two lists, sacred and profane.

Nope, my Top Five secular list would be:

  • Let It Snow
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Christmas in Killarney
  • Little Saint Nick
  • Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer

Still, this is a wonderful song, and the video in the link below has some nice shots of Central Park, which is one of my favorite places. And one of my husband’s favorite places, too.

For some reason – thanks, EMI – I couldn’t embed it, but you can watch/listen on YouTube.

I usually include a picture of our Christmas tree inChristmas Door my Christmas blog, but we don’t have one this year. My husband is has been plenty unwell of late. He’s doing fine at the moment, thank you, and we still have a life that includes going out to lunch, watching football, and laughing about stupid things. But at this point, cancer will do what it’s going to do, and whenever and wherever it wants.

So, no tree for us this year.

But I did want to at least put a wreath on the door of our building, and here it is.

I bought that bow seven years ago – I remember because I was still recovering from a broken shoulder at the time – and, channeling my mother, recycle it every year. Too bad you can’t see the details on that ribbon, which is quite beautiful (dark red-orange berries on a cream background, dark red-orange piping on the ribbon).

Anyway, I wish a very Merry Christmas to my Pink Slip readers, and a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year’s, too.

And, oh, yeah, there’s another Christmas song that – for obvious reasons – has been rattling around in my head this year.

Of course, it’s yet another one that for some reason defies being embedded and makes you go to YouTube for.

All I want for Christmas, is you.

You know who you are, baby…

And so this is Christmas, 2013.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pink Slip is on Christmas break, and will return in the New Year.

No comments: