Thursday, September 03, 2009

Antidote to the summertime blues

Supreme nerd girl that I am, even as a child, I never minded when summer was winding down. End of summer was a nerd girl's dream: back to school!  New pencil box. New Stride Rite saddle shoes. New nun - and if you had Sister Mary Antipathy last year, you had a decent chance of getting Sister Angela of the Smiles this year. (Unless they pushed Sister Mary Antipathy up a grade, which happened to my sister Kath one year. Although there's something to be said about the devil you know...)

Still, there's something about the end of summer that makes me a bit wistful. For what, I'm not so sure.

So Pink Slip is  taking a couple of days off to enjoy NYC - wonder of wonders, capital of the universe, greatest city ev-ah.  Other than those damn Yankees, what is there not to love about The City?

Unless I'm inspired to do a Labor Day post, I'll be back on Tuesday.

In the meantime, I ¤ NY.

Who said there ain't no cure for the summertime blues?

No comments: