Thursday, November 24, 2022

Thanksgiving Wreath, Thanksgiving Wreath

I don't do much by way of Thanksgiving decoration. I did have some gourds that I bought in October, but they all went moldy. I do have some orange tulips on my dining room table, and I got fall-themed cocktail napkins - I'm using "real" cloth napkins for dinner; and not that we'll be having "cocktails" before dinner, cider or wine for us - and some fall-themed paper towels for the guest bathroom.

Oh, I have a nearby Home Goods, so I could have gone all out with festive-ing my place up for Thanksgiving.

But my holiday decorating is pretty much reserved for Christmas. One lovely tree, coming right up. Etc.

So there's no Thanksgiving wreath on my door. 

I don't remember Thanksgiving wreaths being much of a thing in the past, but these days you can get a wreath for just about any occasion. Valentine's Day. St. Patrick's Day. Easter. Fourth of July. Halloween. Thanksgiving. And, of course, Christmas.

Wreaths? They're definitely a thing now. And if I were the sort of person who felt the need to hang a Thanksgiving wreath, it would be a live wreath from Crate & Barrel. 


Or the like.

Tasteful, of course. No goofy turkey in a Pilgrim's hat, which seems to grace a lot of what's out there. Something lovely to look at. Something that smells good.


But I didn't buy one. So there's nothing on my door, tasteful or tacky. Just the orange tulips on my table.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've always loved Thanksgiving. Even Thanksgiving during that first terrible covid year, when my "feast" was a homemade sausage, peppers and onions sub and some store-bought pecan pie. Here's my last year's post on this holiday. 

No comments: