Friday, November 25, 2022

Black Friday? Yawn...

Is it my imagination, or is Black Friday not quite the crazy-fest it used to be?

Not that I've ever done any Black Friday shopping. I mean, I like my TV as much as the next guy does, but I wouldn't stand in the cold for six hours for the privilege of risking getting trampled so I could storm Walmart where I'd end up fighting another shopper so I could get one for a hundred bucks off. 

Oh, I may be doing a tiny bit of shopping. I.e., if I'm in the mood, I'll go to Paper Source and see if I can get Thanksgiving cards (for next year) on sale. 

I'm someone who likes to send greeting cards, and I really like to send greeting cards that I got for half-price the day after a holiday.

Mostly what I'll be doing is walking off my Thanksgiving dinner, making room for a big ol' turkey, stuffing, cranberry, and pickle sandwich. (I might even stop by Whole Foods and see if I can find a loaf Nashoba Brook Bakery Harvest Bread. Pecans. Walnuts. Apricots. Cranberries. Figs. The perfect bread for this sandwich.)

Maybe I'll start writing my Christmas cards. Maybe I'll clean my office. Maybe I'll watch the rest of The Crown

Black Friday? Yawn...

We may get a little rain.

Maybe I'll just go take a nap. 

No comments: