Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Downtime

I feel like a complete whiner, but my achey-breaky arm is throbbing and twinging.

I hate everything I've written that's half done and sitting in my Pink Slip backlog.

I can't bring myself to write about the goofy topics that would ordinarily get me going: the company that makes the fancy stuffed marshmallows, the heated toilet seat that doubles as a bidet...

I really don't want to think about the abandoned neighborhoods in Clevland, Ohio, that I saw on NBC News last night. Cleveland is apparently the frontrunner, the canary in the coalmine for mortgages gone bad. And tonight NBC's broadcasting from Detroit. Wonder what fun things they'll find there.

I've been a bad citizen of blog-ville, ignoring my old favorites - barely keeping up with reading, let alone commenting.

So, you know what?

I'm calling in sick for the day.

Back tomorrow. Maybe.

No comments: