Tuesday, July 04, 2023

The Fourth of July, 2023

Looks like last year, I wasn't feeling all the glorious about The Glorious Fourth. 

Back when I began blogging, way back in he wayback, I was a bit happy-dappier. The Fourth was, in fact, pretty Glorious.  

Today? Somewhere in the middle, leaning not-so-glorious, I'm afraid, given the hideous specter of a possible Trump presidency. Or, at any rate, his continued presence for the near future. Not to mention the goings on among the R's in Congress, particularly the House. And the SCOTUS "justices" on the take. 

A democracy? A republic? If we can keep it.

Fingers crossed.

Meanwhile, I will probably read the Declaration of Independence. I will probably listen to The Pops. I will probably watch the fireworks. I will probably try to have a Glorious - or at least Glorious-light - Fourth. 






No comments: