Wednesday, April 29, 2020

The case of the second disappearing post...

Not quite sure what's going on with Blogger, but for the second time in a week, a post has disappeared on me.

Today's was supposed to be on the Rakuten Monkeys, a team in the Chinese Professional League in Taiwan, which is playing to empty stadiums - empty, aside from the store manniquins and cardboard cutouts in the stands, and the robots that are banging drums.

It was a fun post to write, but it won't be so much fun when, sometime today, I go to rewrite it...

Anyway, I discovered that the "Baseball fof dummies" post had gone missing last night around 9 p.m., and I was in no mood whatsoever to sit down and write it again.

At some point, I'll try to figure out why Blogger is letting me down.

So for now: stay tuned! There WILL be a fun post on baseball played without the humans in the stands. But it will be tomorrow and not today.

And, yes, I am colossally annoyed...

Plus I'm having PTSD, back to the early days of PC's when, if you didn't hit Save every couple of minutes while working on a Word doc you risked losing it to the blue screen of death. At least you always had an excuse for not hitting a deadline! But what a drag. I remember losing hours worth of work on more than one occasion. But at least I was getting paid for it.

This is just plain grrrrrr.....

1 comment:

Rick T. said...

Keep In mind that China is very sensitive these days about anything favorable to Taiwan, which it believes is its stolen property, and has been known to use hacking to make anything positive about Taiwan disappear from the web.

When you combine that with the fact that your post might have made some mention of bats, as in someone being "at bat," well, that is another topic that China is very sensitive about.

Taiwan AND bats in the same post? Forget it, that post was doomed.

Read this comment quickly before it too disappears.