Friday, July 05, 2019

Time off for good behavior

I was going to do a post riffing on my father’s day-after-the-Fourth bon mot that the summer’s all down hill from here.

Frankly, other than the fact that there’s a bit less sun each day, I don’t really agree with him. And I don’t think he actually agreed with himself, either. I think he was just being funny and a bit of a provocateur, as he really wasn’t a dour, pessimistic guy at all.

There’s a lot left to the summer.

Today, I’m on the Cape, at my sister Kath’s in Wellfleet, and I’m hoping to get down to somewhere on the Cape another time or two. (I’m really not inviting myself. Or am I?)

I’ve got tickets for two more Red Sox games. Sure, they’re not particularly good this year, but baseball is baseball.

I’m going to a Zac Brown concert at Fenway, so at least I’ll see one great performance there this summer.

At some point, I’ll head over to “Boston’s” new gaming resort, The Encore, and make fun of it.

The Chinese dogwood in front of my house is beautiful.

And, oh yeah, I’m going to write a novel.

See you on Monday.



No comments: