Friday, November 25, 2011

I’ll have a Black Friday, without you

Today I’m planting tulip bulbs.

Today I’m addressing my Christmas cards. (I know, I’m a rate-busting bitch.)

Today I’m taking a walk.

Today I’m reading a book.

Or maybe today I’m just chil-laxing.

But today I’m not joining the mad hordes, streaming pell-mell into Target and Walmart and Best Buy at midnight to grab up bargain flat-screen TVs, iPads, and whatever this year’s Tickle Me Elmo is.

Which is not to say that I won’t be root, root, rooting for the mad hordes to spend up a storm so that the we don’t have to spend the next month or so listening to the 24/7 pundits tell us that, because of lax consumer spending, we’re heading into a double-dip recession.

I’ll be having my personal Black Friday without you. But shop on, oh citizen consumers!

No comments: