Friday, July 30, 2010

Casual Friday

How casual is this Friday?

It’s so casual that I’ve decided not just to wear khaki shorts and a tee-shirt. Heck, that’s pretty much what I wear every day during the summer, anyway. (Ah, the joys of working from home…)

No, it’s so casual that I’ve decided to take a day off from Pink Slip.

It’s not that I’m out of ideas. (Every time I think that’s about to happen, I open a virtual newspaper.)

It’s just that I’m out of steam at the mo’.

Meanwhile, to tide avid readers over, here’s a link to the July 30th post from 2007 – my first July 30th post EV-AH!  Don’t know if it’s any good – I just write the stuff, not read it.

With that, I’ll close, other than to note that Ivy Bean, at 104, the oldest Twitter user in the whole, wide word, has passed on to the giant social network in the sky.

I suppose now we’ll be collecting Famous Last Tweets. For the record, Ivy’s was: “Going to have my lunch now will be back later.’’

Ta-ta, Ivy.

Personally, I hope that when I’m 104 I’ll be dead, but just in case I’m not, well, I hope I’m still embracing at least some of the new and not just sitting around bitching about the fact that we’re all eating weird hybrid pellet food, there’s no such thing as a printed anything, and the Beatles sounded better on LPs.

By the way, if you want to check out some famous last words, here’s a link. I’m sure that these are all apocryphal but true.  Gotta love that one from Voltaire:

"This is no time to make new enemies." (When asked on his deathbed to forswear Satan.)

“Til Monday, then. Ta-ta.

No comments: