Thursday, November 23, 2023

Thanksgiving 2024

Thankful for:

  • Family. (Many are friends, too!!! Yay!)
  • Friends. (Some are like family!!! Yay!)
  • Dogs. (Their very existence makes living worthwhile.)
  • Health. (Iffy ankle aside, I'm kinda/sorta rockin' geezerhood, healthwise. So far, anyway.)
  • Medical care. (My doctor, dentist, and eye doctor are all in walking distance, and all still in their 40's. All are excellent. Bonus points for being young.)
  • Home. (Sure, I'd like a rug under my dining room table, but I love the cool new lamp in the LR. Sometimes Wayfair does have just what you need. Or just what you want, anyway.)
  • My neighborhood. (Beacon Hill. Lucky me. The Boston Public Garden is my front yard.)
  • My City. (Oh, oh, Boston, you're my home.)
  • NYC. Chicago. (If I had to pick another city.
  • My State. (Guess I'm pretty much a homer, but this is it for me.)
  • Maine. Vermont. (Maybe. If push comes to shove.)
  • My Country.  (Sadly, not always. Still beats many alternatives.)
  • Ireland. (If I had to pick another country.)
  • Galway. (If I had to pick a city in another country.)
  • Old sweaters. (Some go back 30+ years.)
  • New sweaters, too. (Are sweaters my hobby?)
  • Comfy shoes. (And Bombas socks.)
  • The baseball season being over. (How 'bout those Red Sox?)
  • Truck day. Pitchers and catchers. (It'll be February before you know it.)
  • Music. (Still crazy after all these years for folk, folk rock, Celtic.)
  • Books. (Not the reader I was before I started obsessing on the news. Now 1-2 a month, vs. 1-2 or more a week. Still, where would I be without them?)
  • Work. (Especially now that it's 99.99% in the rearview mirror.)
  • Volunteering at St. Francis House. (Gotta do something, and SFH is a great place to do that something.)
  • Oranges. Cherries. McIntosh apples. Nectarines. Tangerines. Blueberries....(And nuts, too.)
  • Pasta. (Especially the good kind from Italy that I buy in the North End.)
  • Salad, and all the good things to throw in salads.
  • Sesame chicken. Teddie's peanut butter. Scallops. Asparagus. Broccoli. Etc.
  • Fried clams. (Other than the light and the baseball, I'm not wild about summer. But just about now I'm missing a summertime fried clam roll.)
  • My Le Creuset Dutch oven. (If you only have one pot, this is the one to have.)
  • Chocolate. (What's not to like.)
  • Tea. (Barry's is best.)
  • Prosecco. (Alcohol of choice, for those occasions that call for alcohol, which I must say occur nowhere near as often as they used to.)
  • Sense of humor. (Where would I be without it?)
  • Public transportation and Uber. (Love being car-free.)
  • Other stuff...
Not quite sure who(m) or what I'm thankful to exactly, but plenty to be thankful for. 

Happy Thanksgiving, 2024!

No comments: