Monday, February 15, 2021

It's a jolly holiday (or two, or three...)

It's Presidents' Day, but Pink Slip celebrated that on Friday with a shout out to birthday boy Abe Lincoln. I guess I could have celebrated Chinese New Year on Friday, but it more or less slipped my mind until I saw the Make Way for Ducklings crew all decked out in their lunar new year finery. Which I guess makes them Peking ducks?


In truth, when I spotted the ducklings at the distance, I thought they were wearing Valentine's Day costumes. But no.

Still there's not getting around the fact that yesterday was Valentine's Day. (Good thing I love myself...) And Saturday, February 13th, was Galentine's Day, a more recent concoction, and one I'm here for. 

So we got a whole lot of celebrating to catch up on this day. 

I'm exhausted just thinking about it, which is why Pink Slip is declaring today a catch-all, all purpose holiday and taking it off. (Looks like it's going to be a snow day, too.)

Happy Holiday(s)!

No comments: