Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thanksgiving 2020

 This is usually my broken record holiday

Year in, year out, I pretty much have the same things to say. Year in, year out, I link to the prior year's broken record post.

This year, it's a not so broken record.

Oh, I'm still thankful the same things: family, friends, health, hearth, home. And this year, I'm thankful for the election of Joe Biden. (Admittedly, I'll be more thankful when and if Trump shuts up and stops fomenting civil war. What a terrible, and terribly depraved human being.) 

But it's not going to be the usual turkey-pie-family routine. 

Instead, I'll be celebrating - if that's the word for it - alone. 

I like family gatherings, and I like turkey, but I'm fine with alone. Introverts tend to be. And I'll be hosting a small non-Thanksgiving, very merry un-birthday gathering for family on Saturday. Birthday cake instead of pie, but that's a reasonably good trade off. 

I was thinking about making chicken and mashed potatoes for myself, but then I thought about what I've really been craving. With no baseball games this year, with no trips to Fenway Park, it's been quite a while since I've had a sausage and peppers sandwich. So that's the festive grub I'll be rustling up for myself. 

I'll watch a bit of the Macy's Day Parade. I'll take a stroll around the neighborhood. And then I'll go cook up my sausage and peppers. 

So much to be thankful for. And you?



2 comments:

Ellen said...

Steaks on the grill for two. Happy Thanksgiving!

valerie said...

I'm thankful for you and the warming daily gift of your Pink Slip ways. Thanksgiving for one happy little introvert here as well. Plus rain -- bonus. Happy Birthday around the corner.